- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix, prepared according to package
- 1 14-oz can dulce de leche, warmed
- 1 16-oz can store-bought chocolate frosting
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- Caramel syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F/175°C.
- Prepare your favorite dark chocolate cake recipe or use a prepared box and follow its instructions.
- Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke at least 3 rows of 4 holes in the cooked cake, making 12 holes total.
- Pour the mixture over the cake and let settle into the holes into the cake for about 10 minutes. Some of the mixture will still stay on top, which is okay. If necessary, the dulce de leche can be heated up or mixed with a little milk to be thinned.
- Spread the chocolate frosting evenly on top of the cake. Sprinkle the chopped pecans and mini chocolate chips, and drizzle caramel on top.
- Chill the cake anywhere from 3 hours to overnight.