Skip to content
- 1/2 cup apricot preserves
- 16 ounces bottle of Russian salad dressing
- 1 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- In the bottom of your slow cooker, layer onions and mushrooms. Place chicken on top. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Pour entire bottle of salad dressing over the top, and dollop with preserves.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Serve with rice.
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, juices reserved*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple juice, chicken broth, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic.
- Place chicken thighs into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in pineapple juice mixture. Top with pineapple chunks and reserved juices.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours, basting every few hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup water and cornstarch. Stir in mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- OPTIONAL: Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken thighs onto a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and parsley, if desired.