- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 pounds Boneless Chicken Breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 5 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 8 cups coarsely chopped Swiss chard, kale or spinach
- 2 large carrots, finely chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 medium lemon, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 cups cooked brown rice
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add half of the chicken; cook and stir until browned. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Repeat with remaining oil and chicken.
Stir broth, vegetables, lemon slices, lemon juice, peel and pepper into chicken. Cook, covered, on low 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Stir in rice; heat through. Yield: 12 servings (4 quarts).