- 1 1/2 pound beef roast
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 package onion soup mix
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon steak sauce
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 yellow onion
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- Cut beef roast into serving-sized portions. Use more beef if you need more than 6 servings. Brown beef in a bit of vegetable oil, although you can skip this step if rushed for time.
- Slice onion and separate into rings. Dice the peeled carrots, dice the celery and slice the peppers into thin strips or circles. Place these into bottom of slow cooker.
- Sprinkle the beef pieces with fresh ground black pepper, minced garlic and the onion soup mix. Place on top of the vegetables.
- Mix the steak sauce and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl with about 1/2 cup water and 1/2 cup tomato juice. Pour this over the meat.
- Turn the slow cooker to high for 30 minutes, or, if you’re in a hurry, skip this step. Turn to low, cover and cook for 7-9 hours.
Keep the slow cooker covered as much as possible throughout cooking time. A slow cooker can be used to cook this type of meal for a varied amount of time, depending on your schedule. It is not important that you take the meat and vegetables out at a specific amount of time. One or two hours either way usually makes no difference. When ready to serve, dip meat and vegetables out of pot with a slotted spoon. Use the liquid as is or turn slow cooker to high and thicken liquid with a little flour or cornstarch.