- 2 pounds top round sirloin steaks, cut into 3″ or 4″ pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups beef broth
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup unbleached or all-purpose flour
- Cut steaks into 3 or 4-inch pieces and sprinkled with the salt and pepper.
- Place the olive oil in a large pan over high heat. When the oil is hot, add half of the steaks. Brown thoroughly on each side, remove from pan and put them in the slow cooker. Repeat with the other steaks.
- Pour 2 cups of water in the hot pan along with 3 cups of beef broth. Reduce heat to medium high.
- Slowly add the flour to the hot pan. Stir constantly until the broth thickens. Pour gravy over the steaks in the slow cooker.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. Steaks are done when fork tender.