- 12 frozen dinner rolls
- 2 Granny Smith apples, chopped (and peeled, if you prefer)
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and divided
- For the Glaze:
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Place frozen dinner rolls on a plate covered with plastic wrap, thaw about 30 minutes or until soft enough to cut.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix apples, cinnamon, sugar, and 2 Tbsp butter.
- Using kitchen shears, cut each roll into fourths and roll them into balls with your hands. Place 10 small rolls on the bottom of the pan.
- Drizzle half of the remaining melted butter over the rolls. Cover with half of the apple mixture, and repeat layers until the ingredients are used up.
- Let rise for about 1 hour, or until the rolls have doubled in size. Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until brown on top.
For the glaze:
- Mix together butter, brown sugar, milk, and powdered sugar. You may need to add more powdered sugar or milk to get desired consistency.
- Pour all over the top of the bread.