- 2 cups (16 ounces) plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 2 broiler/fryer chickens (3 to 4 pounds each), cut up
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 4 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the yogurt, pepper sauce and 3 teaspoons salt. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain chicken, discarding marinade. In a shallow bowl, mix flour and seasonings. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and toss to coat; shake off excess. Transfer to a 15x10x1-in. pan; let stand 20 minutes.
- In a Dutch oven or other deep skillet, heat 1/2 in. of oil over medium heat to 350°. Fry chicken, uncovered, 7-8 minutes per side or until coating is dark golden brown and meat is no longer pink, turning occasionally. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 12 servings.