- 1 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 (20-ounce) can pineapple chunks, juices reserved*
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple juice, chicken broth, brown sugar, soy sauce and garlic.
- Place chicken thighs into a 6-qt slow cooker. Stir in pineapple juice mixture. Top with pineapple chunks and reserved juices.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 5-6 hours or high for 2-3 hours, basting every few hours.
- In a small bowl, whisk together 1/4 cup water and cornstarch. Stir in mixture into the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high heat for an additional 30 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- OPTIONAL: Preheat oven to broil. Place chicken thighs onto a baking sheet, skin side up, and broil until crisp, about 3-4 minutes.
- Serve chicken immediately, garnished with sesame seeds and parsley, if desired.
- In a 4-cup measuring cup, combine the first nine ingredients. Pour 2 cups into a large resealable plastic bag; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 2-4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°, basting frequently with the reserved marinade. Yield: 10 servings.