- 4 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cold butter
- 1 to 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tube (8 ounces) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 375°. For streusel, in a small bowl, mix 3 tablespoons sugar and flour; cut in butter until crumbly. Reserve half of the streusel for topping. Stir cinnamon and remaining sugar into remaining streusel.
- Unroll crescent dough into one long rectangle; press perforations to seal. Sprinkle with chocolate chips and cinnamon mixture. Roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal. Fold roll in half lengthwise; transfer to a greased 8×4-in. loaf pan. Brush with butter; sprinkle with reserved streusel.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Yield: 1 loaf (12 slices).