- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup white sugar
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup banana, mashed with a fork (about one medium-large banana)
- 12-oz. semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup chocolate chips for the top
Mix butter, eggs, sugars, salt and vanilla with an electric mixer until well mixed. Add flour, mashed banana and baking melts (or chocolate chips). Stir with a wooden spoon to combine. Spray a 9×13” glass baking dish with cooking spray. Spread brownie mixture into prepared pan. Smooth the top with a knife or rubber spatula.
Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes just until lightly golden brown, and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely before cutting into bars.