- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow or red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head of garlic, cloves separated and peeled
- coarse salt and fresh black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into eight chunks
- 1 pound chicken cutlets or chicken breasts pounded thin to an even thickness
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon very finely chopped fresh oregano
- cooked rice, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper and cook 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper and add them to the pan with the lemon (don’t squeeze it) and broth. Season with more salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer. Put a lid on the pan and maintain a simmer for 10 – 12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken to a platter. Add the butter to the sauce and stir to melt, simmer 1 more minute.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken and sprinkle the oregano over top. Serve with rice.