- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Dash salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon red paste food color
- Heat oven to 225°F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper. In small bowl, combine egg whites, cream of tartar and salt; beat until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar, beating until very stiff peaks form, about 10 minutes.
- Add jam and food color; beat 1 minute at high speed. Pipe or spoon 1-inch mounds onto paper-lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 225°F. for 2 hours or until crisp and dry. Cool 30 minutes or until completely cooled. Remove cookies from paper.