- 6 (or up to 8) Red Delicious Apples
- 3 cup(s) Sugar
- 1 cup(s) Water
- 1/2 cup(s) Light Corn Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cinnamon-Flavored Oil
- 1/4 tablespoon(s) Red Food Coloring
- Remove stems and skewer apples
- In a saucepan over high heat, with a candy thermometer attached, heat sugar, water, and light corn syrup, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil until mixture reaches 300 degrees F. Remove from heat, and stir in 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon-flavored oil and 1/4 tablespoon red food coloring.
- To make red apples: Dip apples, one at a time, then transfer to a greased baking sheet. Let cool, about 10 minutes.
- To make black apples: Add 1/4 tablespoon black food coloring to your red syrup. (If the syrup has thickened, reheat briefly.) Dip apples, one at a time, then transfer to a greased baking sheet. Let cool, about 10 minutes.