- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 package of taco seasoning mix
- 2 1/4 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups bowtie pasta (or your favorite pasta shape)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 can (15-ounces) kidney or pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cook ground beef and onion on medium until brown; drain.
- Stir in taco seasoning, water, uncooked pasta, corn, beans, and salsa. Heat uncovered to boiling. Cover and cook for an additional 10–15 minutes.
- Stir occasionally, until pasta is done and liquid has been absorbed. Stir in sour cream. Remove from heat and add cheese. Cover and let stand until cheese melts. Optional toppings: Sliced black olives, sliced avocado, sliced jalapeños