This is an original Crock Pot creation of mine. I call it “chili” because it has ground meat and beans, but it really isn’t “chili” the way you might be expecting. It’s definitely not spicy, at least not the way I make it. I think it has more of a middle eastern flavor, due to the excessive amount of fresh parsley. You can make it without fresh parsely, but it’s really not the same. It looks really pretty when served fresh due to the colors of the tomato and parsley, and looks kind of drab as leftovers, but it tastes great either way! – Christy Holey Heart
- 1 package ground turkey (1-1.5 lbs)
- 1 can garbanzo beans
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can white corn
- 1 prepackaged pico de gallo (you can chop up your own tomatoes, onions and cilantro if you want, but buying the grocery store pre-packaged kind saves a lot of time.)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley
- salt to taste
- Fully cook ground turkey in a skillet. Mince it as fine as you can.
- Remove stems from the parsley, finely chop the entire bunch.
- Combine meat, beans, corn, parsley and pico de gallo in the Crock Pot. Cook on low for 2-3 hours. Salt to taste.