My dad’s recipe for the most AMAZING chili I have ever eaten!
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable or Canola Oil, divided
- 1 Large Onion, chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Package Boca Soy Crumbles
- 1-15 Oz Can Black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1-15 Oz Can Kidney Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-15 Oz Can Pinto Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-15 Oz Can Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1-28 Oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1-28 oz Can Stewed Tomatoes
- 1/2 Package Tex-Mex Chili Seasoning
- 1/2 Package Mild Chili Seasoning
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
1. In a sauté pan over medium heat place 1 tbsp of oil and sauté onions for 3 minutes. Add minced garlic and sauté another minute until the onions start to caramelize, then remove and place in a crock pot.
2. In the same sauté pan, add another tbsp of oil and sauté the crumbles for 5 minutes.
3. Add the cooked soy and the remaining ingredients to the crock pot and stir to combine.
4. Cover and cook the chili on low for 8 hours.