- Cooking spray
- 1 cup baby carrots, halved
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 7 ounces turkey kielbasa, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15.8-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (6-ounce) bag fresh baby spinach leaves
Heat a large saucepan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onion, garlic, and kielbasa; sauté 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium; cook 5 minutes. Add the broth, Italian seasoning, pepper, and beans. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
Place 2 cups of the soup in a food processor or blender, and process until smooth. Return the pureed mixture to pan. Simmer an additional 5 minutes. Remove soup from heat. Add the spinach, stirring until spinach wilts.