- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons minced seeded jalapeño pepper
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 (15-ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (8 3/4-ounce) can no salt-added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon canned minced chipotle chile in adobo sauce
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 (1 1/2-ounce) whole wheat hamburger buns, toasted
- 4 romaine lettuce leaves
To prepare burgers, combine the first 10 ingredients in a large bowl. Add pinto beans and corn; partially mash with a fork. Divide bean mixture into 4 equal portions, shaping each portion into a 3 1/2-inch patty, and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
To prepare chipotle mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise and 1 teaspoon chipotle in a small bowl; set aside.
Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add patties to pan, and cook 4 minutes on each side or until thoroughly heated. Place patties on bottom halves of buns; top each patty with 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, 1 lettuce leaf, and top half of bun.