- 1 package (16 ounces) uncooked spaghetti
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/4 cup Progresso® plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh or 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Shredded Parmesan cheese, if desired
- Cook and drain spaghetti as directed on package.
- In large bowl, mix rice, oats, onion, bread crumbs, milk, basil, oregano, red pepper and egg. Shape into 12 balls. Roll balls in wheat germ.
- In 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook balls in oil about 10 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden brown.
- Heat spaghetti sauce until hot. Serve sauce and rice balls over spaghetti. Sprinkle with cheese.