- 8 oz. (2 1/2 cups) uncooked fusilli (curly spaghetti) or rotini (spiral pasta)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups frozen bell pepper and onion stir-fry
- 2 cups diced eggplant
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-oz.) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 (14.5-oz.) can diced tomatoes with Italian-style herbs, undrained
- 1 oz. (1/4 cup) shredded fresh Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook fusilli to desired doneness as directed on package. Drain; return to saucepan. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil; toss to coat.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining tablespoon oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add bell pepper and onion stir-fry; cook and stir 2 minutes. Add eggplant and zucchini; sprinkle with salt. Cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until zucchini is crisp-tender.
- Stir in beans and tomatoes. Reduce heat to medium; cook until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Stir in fusilli and 2 tablespoons of the cheese. Sprinkle with parsley and remaining 2 tablespoons cheese.