- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (10.75-ounce) 98% fat-free cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (reduced-fat)
- 2 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a large casserole dish with nonstick spray.
3. Cook the pasta according to package directions, but only cook it until it’s al dente (not fully cooked). Drain the pasta and set it aside.
4. Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add mushrooms, onion, zucchini, tomato and bell peppers.
5. Cook until the vegetables have softened, about 5 minutes. In a medium bowl, mix milk and soup until combined.
6. Add this mixture to the vegetables in the pan. Stir in cheddar cheese and continue to heat the mixture until the cheese has melted and the sauce is smooth.
7. Add in chicken, pasta and seasonings. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Sprinkle more cheddar cheese on top (as desired).
8. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until the casserole is bubbly and golden brown.