- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 eggs, separated
- 20 ounces sour cream
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 small red pepper, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 1 onion
- 1 Anaheim pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil, extra virgin
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced for topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Saute the onion and peppers in the olive oil. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, separate the egg yolks from the whites, leaving the yolks in the bowl.
- Add milk, flour, garlic, and black pepper to the yolks, then mix well.
- Add sour cream, the cheese, and green pepper, red pepper, and Anaheim pepper to the egg mixture.
- In another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff. Fold the beaten whites into the mixture in the other bowl and blend together.
- Grease a baking dish with butter.
- Pour the mixture into the baking dish and place in the hot oven.
- Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, turning the dish occasionally, until the top starts to crack.
- Three quarters of the way through baking, top with the tomato slices.