Victoria from Easy Recipes with a Twist
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 pounds waxy kind potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup chopped cauliflower, diced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 6 1/3 cups water, chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup sour cream for garnish
- In food processor blitz celery, parsley stalks and garlic.
- On high heat put large heavy bottom saucepan, add 2 tablespoons butter and crushed vegetables. Cook them for 3-5 minutes or until caramelized.
- Then add another 1 tablespoon of butter and flour. Mix it in and cook for another 1 minute.
- Add water, handful potatoes and cauliflower. Season with dried basil, salt and pepper.
- Pop the lid on and bring the soup to boil. Then lower the heat to medium-low and simmer for about 10 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
- Blitz the soup with stick mixer, add the rest of potatoes and milk. Continue to simmer for another 10-15 minutes. The soup is done when potatoes are soft.
- Serve with teaspoon of sour cream and sprinkle chopped parsley leaves on top.