Here’s a great new way to use summer vegetables.
- 1 cube vegetable bouillon, low sodium
- 2 cups white potatoes, cut in 2-inch strips
- 2 cups carrots, sliced
- 4 cups summer squash, cut in 1-inch squares
- 1 cup summer squash, cut in 4 chunks,
- 1 15-ounce can sweet corn, rinsed and drained (or 2 ears fresh corn, 11⁄2 cups)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk scallion, chopped
- 1⁄2 small hot pepper, chopped
- 1 cup onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
Put water and bouillon in large pot and bring to a boil. Add potatoes and carrots and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add remaining ingredients, except for tomatoes, and continue cooking for 15 minutes over medium heat.
Remove 4 chunks of squash and puree in blender. Return pureed mixture to pot and let cook for 10 minutes more. Add tomatoes and cook for another 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let sit for 10 minutes to allow stew to thicken.