- 1 pound frozen diced hash browns
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 can cream of chicken, mushroom, or celery soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cornflake crumbs
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt 4 tablespoons butter in 13×9″ baking dish.
- Put frozen hash browns into dish.
- In large mixing bowl, blend together soup, sour cream, cheese, salt, pepper and onion. Pour over potatoes.
- Combine remaining melted butter with cornflake crumbs until moist. Sprinkle over potato mixture.
- Cover with foil and bake 30 minutes covered.
- Remove foil and bake 15 minutes uncovered.