- 8 large cloves of garlic, chopped coarsely
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 packs soft or silken tofu
- 2 fresh lemons
- Sea salt to taste
- 1 pound Italian oil cured olives
- Rinse the olives under hot water to remove some of the oil. Pit them, chop and set aside.
- Drain the tofu and crumble. Place some tofu in a blender, with some galrlic and lemon juice and a little olive oil. Blend until smooth. You may need to stir the mixture with a chopstick a few times to make sure everything blends well. Taste and place in a large ceramic bowl.
- Repeat until all the ingredients are used. Taste for salt, lemon and garlic and adjust accordingly.
- Do not add the olives until you are ready to serve. Stir them in and add some finely chopped Italian parsley on top.
- Use as a dip for cooled vegetables that were blanched, or dress over hot veggies of your liking.