- 2 uncooked pizza crusts
- 1 large Yukon Gold potato, very thinly sliced
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, slightly smashed but still intac
- t 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 cup finely grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rosemary sprigs for garnish
Preheat oven to 375 F. Toss potatoes with 2 tablespoons olive oil and 1 teaspoon salt in a large bowl. Arrange potatoes in one layer on a baking tray. Bake in oven until edges begin to turn golden brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Increase oven temperature to 475 F.
Assemble pizzas: Lightly brush pizza crusts with olive oil. Rub all over with smashed garlic cloves. Lightly sprinkle with salt. Arrange one layer mozzarella cheese over crusts. Top with one layer of potatoes. Sprinkle with one tablespoon rosemary leaves over each crust. Top with grated Pecorino Romano cheese.
Bake on pizza stone or on a tray on lowest rack in oven until crust is golden brown and cheese is bubbly, about 15 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle with freshly ground black pepper. Garnish with fresh rosemary leaves and drizzle with more olive oil.