- 1 medium eggplant, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 2 cups ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, sliced
- 15 ounces white beans, drained
- 8 ounces red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup white onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 6 ounces tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- Combine the eggplant, tomatoes, carrots, white beans, kidney beans, onion, celery and garlic in the stoneware and toss lightly to mix all of the ingredients.
- Place the stoneware in the slow cooker heating base. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the vegetable broth, tomato paste, oregano, basil, parsley, salt, pepper, cayenne and bay leaf.
- Pour the broth and herbs over the vegetables and stir once.
- Cover and cook on High for 3½ to 4 hours or on Low for 7 to 8 hours. Discard the bay leaf before serving.