- • 1 pound walnut pieces
- • 8 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- • 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- • 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- • 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- • 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1. In a 3 1/2 quart slow cooker, stir the walnuts and butter until combined. Add the confectioners’ sugar, stirring to coat evenly.
2. Cover and slow-cook on high for 15 minutes. Reduce the heat to low and slow-cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the nuts are coated with a crisp glaze, about 2 hours. Transfer the nuts to a serving bowl.
3. In a small bowl, combine the cinnamon, ginger, allspice and cloves. Sift the spices over the nuts, stirring to coat evenly. Cool the nuts completely before serving.