- 1 cup long grain white rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 pinch ground saffron
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 pound fresh mild fish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound fresh medium shrimp, shelled and tails removed
- 1/2 pound sea scallops, cleaned
- 8 ounces frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- Place the rice, water, onion, tomato, saffron, garlic, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper in the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker and mix thoroughly.
- Cook on High for 2-3 hours.
- Add the fish fillets, sea scallops, shrimp and peas to the paella and cook on High for 30 minutes -1 hour, or until fish is cooked through.
- Serve with lemon wedges as a garnish.