- 1 pound red beans
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 29 ounces vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups cooked rice
- In a large pot, cover the beans with three times their volume of water and bring to a boil.
- Boil for 10 minutes and then remove from heat. Cover and let stand for 1 hour and then drain.
- Combine all of the ingredients in the Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker except the rice.
- Serve over the hot cooked rice.