An interesting way to make fried chicken. Worth the little bit of initial prep time.
- • 1 – 2 1/2 to 3 pound fryer chicken, cut into serving pieces
- • 1 cup flour
- • 1 teaspoon salt
- • 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- • 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- • 1 teaspoon leaf sage or oregano
- • butter or vegetable oil
1. Rinse chicken pieces and pat dry.
2. Combine flour with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and sage or oregano.
3. Toss chicken pieces with flour mixture to coat.
4. In skillet, heat butter or oil to 1/4-inch depth and cook chicken over medium-high heat until brown.
5. Place browned chicken in Crock-Pot, adding wings first; do not add any liquid.
6. Cover and cook on low setting for 4 to 8 hours.