- 1 cup cooked chicken, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half-and-half
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 cup fettuccine, uncooked
- Cook the fettuccine according to package instructions, but do not drain until just before serving.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan and saute the onions until transparent, then add the garlic.
- Add the flour and ground red pepper, stir and then add the half and half, followed by the chicken stock.
- Take the pan off the cook top briefly while adding the bourbon.
- Return the pan to the cooktop and add the chicken. Stir until the sauce has thicken and the chicken is hot.
- Place the cooked and drained fettuccine into a serving bowl, and pour the chicken and sauce over the top.