- 3 bag fresh broccoli florets
- 1 large onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced (optional)
- 1 to 2 quarts of homemade or canned chicken broth or water
- 1 cup cream or milk
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped dill or basil
- 2 cups cooked tiny pasta (optional)
- Rinse broccoli florets and cover with water. Add chopped onion. Cook uncovered until broccoli is tender.
- Drain and reserve cooking water. Remove florets/onion to a large cooking pot. Add enough stock to cover; or don’t drain vegetables and use broccoli water and add some chicken bouillon.
- With a hand blender, finely chop broccoli but not puree. Heat well, season to taste.
- Add the cream or milk. If extra thickening is desired add pasta.