- 1 quart vegetable oil for frying
- 12 chicken wings, small wing joint removed
- 2 cups hot sauce
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1/2 cup half and half
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon minced shallots
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 pound blue cheese, crumbled
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 eggs, beaten with 1 tablespoon milk
- Cajun seasoning, to taste
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut
- 2 celery stalks, peeled and cut
1. Place the oil in a deep pan and heat the oil.
2. Place the wings in a glass bowl and pour over 1 cup of the hot sauce. Stir the wings to mix
thoroughly. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine the sour cream, cream, lemon juice, shallots, and garlic. Blend until
4. Stir in the crumbled cheese and blend until smooth.
5. Season the dip with salt, pepper, hot sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.
6. Season the flour with Cajun seasoning.
7. Dredge the wings in the flour.
8. Dip each wing in the egg wash, letting the excess drip off.
9. Dredge the wings in the seasoned flour for a second time, coating the wing completely.
10. Fry the wings in batches, until golden brown, about 4 to 5 minutes.
11. Remove the wings from the oil and drain on paper-lined plate.
12. Season the wings with salt and pepper.
13. After all the wings are fried, place the wings in a medium mixing bowl.
14. Pour the remaining hot sauce over the wings and toss to coat each wing completely.
15. Place the wings on a platter and serve with the blue cheese dip, carrots, and celery.