- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- In a greased 8-in. square baking dish, layer half of the potatoes, onion, bacon and cheese. Repeat layers.
- In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and seasoned salt; pour over potato mixture. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 piece equals 181 calories, 10 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.