Simple & Delicious November/December 2009, p37
- 72 pecan halves (about 1-3/4 cups)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 5 ounces milk chocolate candy coating, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- On waxed paper-lined pans, arrange pecan halves in clusters of three.
- In a small bowl, beat peanut butter and butter until blended; gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar. In a microwave, melt candy coating and shortening; stir until smooth.
- Spoon 1/4 teaspoon melted chocolate into the center of each pecan cluster. Place teaspoonfuls of peanut butter mixture into the center of each cluster; press down slightly. Spoon remaining melted chocolate over tops. Chill for 10 minutes or until set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutrition Facts: 1 candy equals 97 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 19 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.