- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 36 caramels
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3-1/2 cups pecan halves
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Unroll pastry on a lightly floured surface. Transfer to an 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom; trim edges.
- Line unpricked pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 8 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5-6 minutes longer or until light golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a large saucepan, combine caramels and 1/2 cup cream. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until caramels are melted. Stir in pecans. Spread filling evenly into crust. Drizzle with melted chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set. Whip remaining cream; serve with tart. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 slice with 1 tablespoon cream equals 335 calories, 24 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 106 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.