- 3 large eggs or 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups Splenda
- 1 tablespoon natural vanilla
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, packed in natural juice, well drained
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly coat two 8-inch loaf pans with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs; add the oil, Diabetic Sweetener, vanilla, pineapple, and zucchini.
- In a second large bowl, sift together the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt (if using). If using, add the walnuts and toss.
- Mix the dry ingredients into the egg mixture until just combined. Spoon into the prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 55 minutes or until a tester inserted near the middle comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes, then turn out and cool on wire racks.
Per serving (bread only): 118 calories (35% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 5 g total fat (0.6 g saturated fat), 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber, 32 mg cholesterol,149 mg sodium
Diabetic exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch), 1 fat