- ½ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mixed berries (such as blueberries, raspberries and blackberries)
- ¼ cup low-fat granola, slightly crushed
Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
In large bowl, stir together buttermilk, brown sugar, oil, vanilla and egg until smooth. Stir in flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt just until moistened. Gently fold in half of the berries. Spoon into pan. Sprinkle with remaining berries and the granola.
Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until golden brown and top springs back when touched in center. Cool in pan on cooling rack 10 minutes. Serve warm.