- 8 ounces elbow macaroni, cooked
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar, shredded
- 1 12-ounce package creamed cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup butter of margarine
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
Preheat oven to 375F degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Alternate layers of macaroni, cheddar, and cottage cheese in a greased 2-quart baking dish; beginning with macaroni and ending with cheddar. Melt the butter; stir in flour to make a smooth mixture. Blend in milk gradually. Heat to boiling; stirring constantly. Cook until thickened about 2 minutes.
Add salt and pepper. Pour over macaroni and cheese. Bake at 375F degrees for 30-35 minutes.