- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5 lbs beef short ribs
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 scallions, thrimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed
- 3 cups cooked white rice
Blend soy sauce, sugar, oil, vinegar, ginger, garlic and red pepper in bowl.
Place ribs in 5 quart slow cooker, add sauce. Cover, cook on High for 6 hours or Low for 9 hours, until meat is tender.
Transfer ribs to a platter. Skim and discard excess fat from liquid. Combine cornstarch and 3 tablespoons water; blend with liquid in a saucepan. Bring to a boil over high heat and cook for 2 minutes, stirring, until thickened. Stir in carrots. Top ribs with sauce, scallions and sesame seeds.
Serve over cooked rice..